Keeping You Safe
Since the outbreak of Covid 19 along with the strict social distancing laws it has been an impossible task to teach any of our students. However, the regulations in Wales have now changed allowing us to start tuition again.
We have always maintained the safety and wellbeing of our students and their families. This also applies to our staff and their families, so when lessons restart there will be some changes made to the structure of the lessons which will help keep a safe environment for all.
The government have listed some guidelines (as all our students are aware Next Generation implemented a safe and sanitised policy before the lock down). Along with the government guide lines we will implement extra steps to help keep you and your families safe.
Thoroughly cleaning vehicles before and after lessons Paying close attention to cleaning 'touch points' such as door handles steering wheel gear stick handbrake indicator washer stalks mirrors and, ignition key. Wearing clothing which covers the arms and legs
Wearing face coverings and disposable gloves Changing gloves after every lesson Rolling down windows during the lesson (so all students are advised to dress appropriately)
- In a further bid to ensure safe practices, learners will be asked to: Wash their hands just before they get in the car (with soap and for at least twenty seconds)
- we ask all our students to wear a face mask and gloves for the lesson. These must be put on before entering the vehicle. If you are unable to supply your own mask and gloves, please contact us and we can provide them.
- Those students who require glasses to drive will be made aware that there will be a possibility of them steaming up, in these cases a mask may be removed.
- All students will be contacted before the lesson and asked if they or any family or friends are self-isolating or showing any signs of Covid 19
- To notify us if you have a cough temperature above 37.8c or a loss of taste and smell.
- The student can at any time request to have their temperature checked.
Keeping with social distancing guidelines we are now asking students to book and make payment for lessons online (follow link). If you are unable to pay online payment can be made in car
Temporary Lesson Structure Changes During Covid 19
To help keep the safety of all our students and instructors we ask all students to book sessions which are two hours, this will help to monitor the number of students our instructors come into contact with on a daily basis. This will not only provide a safer environment it will allow time between lessons for the thorough cleaning of the vehicle. If your unable to make a two-hour session or have any problems with finding a suitable appointment slot, please contact us and we will do all we can to help.
Due to the Covid 19 outbreak we ask all students to visit our website and familiarise themselves with the Covid page “learning to drive the new normal” and the information you will need to know before booking and taking lessons.
Please ensure that:
* You bring your driving licence appointment card and glasses to each lesson
* Twenty-four hours’ notice is required for the re-scheduling or cancellation of lessons otherwise you will be liable for the full fee
* All accounts must be paid in full before commencement of test
* All documentation is the property of Next Generation SOM and any loss damage or defacement will be chargeable.
* The confirmation of a booking means you have read and understood the above
Thank you for your booking we look forward to seeing you soon